Gateway and Firewall Router
An Open Source Interzone, Boundary or Domain, Gateway and virtual Firewall router based, suitable to provide separation between services, act as a VPN / secure IPSEC router for remote connections. Can additionally provide a wide range of infrastructure support functions including DHCP, DNS etc.
Two different technology solutions to enable alternative technology barriers
Based Either on the the leading Open Source pfSense(R) platform
Or the alternative IPTables firewall solution
Self-administer via the web interface or fully managed service available
Handles many different domains/subnets easily, and many Tunnels/VPNs
Sophisticated load balancing, Fail-over, HA and routing possible
Wide range of supported plugins covering dhcp, dns, OpenVPN, IPSEC
Service includes regular patches, daily backups, support
Debian/Ubuntu based platform for easy of management, configuration and flexibility
Works with Skyscape, AWS and private cloud architectures
- Can be managed as part of the standard management domain
- Easily deployed and managed in a complete virtual environment
- Provide segregation between services, teams, projects, at the same Tier
- Full audit and log reporting, integrating to Event Management tooling
- Automated lock-down in the event of certain attacks
- Managed, Patched, Supported Service, Backed up
- Suitable for Public, Private, Shared Cloud environments
Complementary Products and Services
- Viewdeck Management Domain Service
- Browser – Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer (versions 9 or better)
- A Viewdeck Patch Server is a requirement to provide a patch service and Virus/Rootkit signatures upgrades
- A Viewdeck Log Server is a requirement to provide event monitoring for the service
- A Viewdeck Monitor Service is required to provide availability and host health check monitoring
- Backup Solution providing secure offline remote cloud based storage is required. The Viewdeck Backup Service provides a suitable service
- The Secure Mail Server with connectivity to the secure administration mailbox providing alerting and reporting from the hosts
- Secure Remote Administrator Access via a suitable secure network. This will vary depending on the hosting environment
The Gateway and Firewall Router product provides two alternative Open Source virtual firewall packages to provide separation and access control between virtual or real networks. The two alternatives provide choice and defence in depth, to ensure differing technologies are used at each level. Each product can be self administered via a web interface, or fully managed, and provides a wide range of capabilities and services ( eg DNS, DHCP, OpenVPN Server, IPSEC tunnel etc ).
- pfSense, BSD based firewall router virtual appliance
- Shorewall IPTables/Netfilter solution based on an secured Debian/Ubuntu Host
- OpenVPN Server additional Configuration
- IPSEC Tunnel
- DNS Server
This service includes an initial standard set-up configuration and support to help get your initial requirement up and running. This is designed to support 3-zone ( Web, DMZ, Application ), traditional Web application design and system administration access to enable management and configuration ( further details available on request ). Other set-ups are available as your need requires.
Standard features available
- connection tracking facilities for state-ful packet filtering
- Zone based management
- Port Forwarding (DNAT)
- One-to-one NAT
- Proxy ARP
- Multiple ISP support
- IPSEC, GRE, IPIP and OpenVPN Tunnels
- PPTP clients and Servers
- Support for Traffic Control/Shaping
These services are suitable for Private, Community or Public Cloud hosting, in Internet, Tier1 or higher environments.
Trademarks and Copyrights:
- pfSense is a federally registered trademark of Electric Sheep Fencing LLC
- This product includes software developed by the pfSense Project for use in the pfSense® software distribution. (http://www.pfsense.org/).
- No Endorsement or relationship is implied between Viewdeck or pfSense/Electric Sheep Fencing LLC by this Service Description.
- OpenVPN is a registered trademark of OpenVPN Technologies, Inc
- Ubuntu and Canonical are registered trademarks of Canonical Ltd.