- Design, development and service management processes, helping you convert your strategic objectives into portfolios of services and service assets
- Expert skills and resources in supporting you to deliver the ITILv3 Service Design Processes
- Service Catalogue, Service Levels, Availability, Capacity, IT Service Continuity, Information Security and Supplier Management
Key skilled resources to help gather your cloud requirements
Experitse to shape and structure your Requirements processes
Quality Assurance and Quality processes to your projects
Keywords: Rational Unified Process, Unified Modelling Language, Managing Successful Programmes
Skills transfer to existing project and programme teams
Project Assurance, Requirements Traceability, Strategic Outline Case, Outline Business Case (OBC)
Processes: RUP/UML, COBIT, MSP, PRINCE2, ITILv3
- Enhance/transform the service management systems
- Increase value to business of ICT Services
- Ensure the continuity of services
- Drive and achieve the service levels needed
- Ensure compliance to standards and regulations
The Viewdeck Service Design for the Cloud helps you design and development your services and service management processes, helping you convert your strategic objectives into portfolios of services and service assets. By looking across your existing estate and your service vision, we can help you identify and deliver the changes and improvements necessary to increase or maintain value to business, ensure the continuity of services, drive to achieve the service levels needed, and ensure compliance to standards and regulations. With your team, our skills and services can help guides your organizations to develop design capabilities across your service management estate.
ITILv3 Service Design (“SD”) provides goodpractice guidance on the design of IT services, processes, and other aspects of the service management effort. Service design within ITIL is looks to encompass all elements that are relevant to technology service delivery, and not just the design of the technology itself, covering how a planned service solution interacts with the larger enterprise and its technology environments.
Within Service Design we work with you to identify and enhance/transform the service management systems required to support the business services, processes which interact with those services, the technology/architecture required to them, and the supply chain need to make it happen. The Viewdeck skills and capabilities work with your estate it help make this happen, help transform your Service estate, and ultimately provide confidence in delivery of business services to the level of maturity and confidence needed.
ITILv3 Service Design Processes
The ITILv3 high level processes of Service Catalogue Management, Service Level Management, Availability Management, Capacity Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management and Supplier Management are covered in some more detail below. The Viewdeck Service Design for Cloud Services can help you with your Service Design needs, across the full spectrum of areas identified here.
Service Catalogue Management
Service Catalogue management maintains and produces your Service Catalogue and ensures that it contains accurate details, dependencies and interfaces of all services made available to your customers.
Service Level Management
Service level management provides for continual identification, monitoring and review of the levels of Cloud, Shared Service and IT services specified in your Service level agreements (SLAs). Service level management ensures that arrangements are in place with your internal IT supportproviders and external suppliers ( in the form of Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) and Underpinning Contracts (UCs)). Service Level Management involves assessing the impact of change on service quality and SLAs, and works in close relation with the operational processes to control the activities.
Service level management is the primary interface with your business customers and stakeholders, and is responsible for:
- ensuring that the agreed IT services are delivered when and where they are supposed to be
- liaising with availability management, capacity management, incident management and problem management to ensure that the required levels and quality of service are achieved within the resources agreed with financial management
- ensuring that appropriate IT service continuity plans exist to support the business and its continuity requirements
Availability management looks to manage targets and Performance Indications to enable you to sustain the IT serviceavailability , for the business, at a justifiable cost. It looks to address the ability of an IT component to perform at an agreed level over a period of time. This includes:
- realising availability requirements
- compiling availability plans
- monitoring availability
- and monitoring maintenance exceptions
Availability Management is often aligned in managing and maintaining NonFunctional Requirements, eg
- Reliability: Ability of an IT component to perform at an agreed level at described conditions
- Maintainability: Ability to remain in, or be restored to an operational state
- Serviceability: Ability for an external supplier to maintain the availability of component or function under a third party contract
- Resilience: Ability to retain services after operational failure ( eg Redundancy )
- Security: The confidentiality, integrity, and availability of that data
Availability Management looks to give you a clear overview of the end to end availability of the system.
Capacity Management supports the costeffective provision of IT services by helping you match your resources and service to your business demands. The highlevel activities include:
- application sizing
- workload management
- demand management
- capacity planning
- resource management
- performance management
Capacity management is focused on strategic capacity, including your the capacity and skills of your personnel, as well as system or individual component capacity.
IT Service Continuity Management
IT service continuity management (ITSCM) helps you plan and and ensure that IT services can recover and continue even after a serious incident occurs. This is more than just about reactive measures, but it also covers proactive measures, and hence reducing the risk of a disaster occurring in the first instance.
ITSCM is often regarded as just the recovery of the IT infrastructure (used to deliver the IT related services), but this gets much further into business continuity planning (BCP), so the whole end to end business process can continue should a serious incident occur.
ITSCM covers the following key steps:
- prioritising the activities to be recovered by conducting a business impact analysis (BIA)
- performing a risk assessment for each of the IT services to identify the assets, threats, vulnerabilities and countermeasures for each service
- evaluating the options for recovery
- producing the contingency plan
- testing, reviewing, and revising the plan on a regular basis
Information Security Management
ITIL Security Management supports the management and securing of information (as an asset) within your business. It is is based on the code of practice for information security management system (ISMS), now known as ISO/IEC 27002.
The basic goal of security management is to ensure adequate information security. This, in turn, identified how to protect information assets against risks, and thus maintain their value to your business. It is often expressed in terms of confidentiality, integrity and availability, along with related properties such as authenticity, accountability, nonrepudiation and reliability.
Supplier Management looks to obtain value for money from suppliers and contracts. It ensures that contracts and agreements that underpin the service, align with the business needs, Service Level Agreements and Service Level Requirements. It oversees the process of business need identification, evaluation of your suppliers, how to establish contracts, and their subsequent management and termination.
At Viewdeck, we provide a range of skills and experience to help you meet your Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition and Operational goals. Our team has real experience in delivering Service capabilities across a wide range of UK Public Sector clients.
Tag Cloud: ITILv3, MSP, PRINCE2, Managing Successful Programmes. Service Level Management, Availability Management, Capacity Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Service Transition, Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, SC, DV
Key Processes: COBIT, MSP, PRINCE2, ITILv3, ISO 20000