An SSL/TLS based VPN Service based on OpenVPN. Secure scalable service, suitable for deploying to the Cloud. Typically, provides very resilient connectivity from many remote clients to services hosted within a secure zone.
Secure AES-256 based encryption
Supports up to 1000's of clients
Optional two factor authentication for clients
Self-administer via the web interface or fully managed service available
Service includes regular patches, daily backups, support
Debian/Ubuntu based platform for easy of management, configuration and flexibility
Works with Skyscape, AWS, Rackspace, Memset and internal private cloud architectures
Provision of Client configurations and /or Client Certificates
Ability to control client access to downstream services
- Easily deployed and managed in a complete virtual environment
- Full audit and log reporting, integrating to Event Management tooling
- Managed, Patched, Supported Service, Backed up
- Suitable for Public, Private, Shared Cloud environments
- Simple and efficient Open Solution solution
- Supports MDM solutions
Complementary Products and Services
- Viewdeck Management Domain Service
- Browser – Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer (versions 9 or better)
- A Viewdeck Patch Server is a requirement to provide a patch service and Virus/Rootkit signatures upgrades
- A Viewdeck Log Server is a requirement to provide event monitoring for the service
- A Viewdeck Monitor Service is required to provide availability and host health check monitoring
- Backup Solution providing secure offline remote cloud based storage is required. The Viewdeck Backup Service provides a suitable service
- The Secure Mail Server with connectivity to the secure administration mailbox providing alerting and reporting from the hosts
- Secure Remote Administrator Access via a suitable secure network. This will vary depending on the hosting environment
Capable of traversing NAT, the VPN Service uses SSL/TLS to manage key exchange, using an AES-256 based encryption. It can be used to provide Peer-to-Peer, or site to site secure communications, although traditionally it is used as a Hub and Spoke arrangement to provide a secure channel for clients.
Its resilient protocol makes it ideal for use over poor networks, providing a layer of connectivity that can hide network failures ( eg from Mobile Networks or Wifi’s ). This can provide the user with a more stable and consistent application experience while roaming between cells or networks.
This service includes an initial standard set-up configuration and support to help get your initial requirement up and running.
These services are suitable for Private, Community or Public Cloud hosting, in Internet, Tier1 or higher environments.
Trademarks and Copyrights:
- OpenVPN is a registered trademark of OpenVPN Technologies, Inc
- Ubuntu and Canonical are registered trademarks of Canonical Ltd.